Kathy's Fees & Expenses
2022 Teaching Services
- One-hour Lecture: $500
- Shipping and insurance charges are extra for trunk shows
- Six-hour Workshop: $850
- Three-hour Workshop: $450
- Multi-day Workshop Fee: $800/day
- Kits for workshops are additional to the workshop fee and vary in price, depending upon the workshop. The cost/person for the kits will be included with Kathy's contract.
- Classes are limited to 25 students per workshop and are also based on the available working space for the students. Kathy can teach a larger class size but an additional $30 per additional student is added to her workshop fee.
2022 Contract Requirements
- Services are secured with a signed contract (provided by Kathy). A $200 non-refundable deposit is due with the contract. This deposit is deducted from Kathy's final invoice. If Kathy needs to cancel the contract due to sickness, a family emergency or weather conditions, the deposit will be returned to the guild. The final payment for all work is due at the completion of Kathy’s services.
- The cancellation of a contract by the guild must be made at least 60 days prior to the date of the trip. All efforts should be made to fill the workshops prior to cancelling. The deposit is forfeited. Weather-related problems may result in a postponement of a contract.
- Kathy’s minimum amount of combined work for an out-of-town trip is $1,000. This minimum is in addition to her travel costs or kit fees.
Round Trip Travel Expenses to be Paid
- Shipping and insurance expenses for trunk shows
- Round-trip mileage from Kathy’s home to and from airport (reimbursed at the IRS allowable rate at the time of the trip).
- If Kathy is driving to a guild or show, the round-trip mileage is reimbursed from Kathy’s home to the guild city plus driving to and from the meetings.
- Note: Kathy prefers flying to a guild or show but will drive to a guild or show that is 6 hours or less from her home.
- A non-smoking private room in a hotel with an inside entrance; an elevator is required if the room is not on the first floor. She does not stay in homes because she needs quiet time so she can give her best during her times of teaching.
- Kathy will need help carrying and loading her suitcases at the airport, hotel and to and from her lectures and classes. Please make sure the driver can help load items and has a car big enough to handle two large suitcases and a carry-on suitcase.
- Travel expenses are to be equally divided between guilds on a multi-city trip. Those arrangements must be worked out between the two guilds prior to the trip.
- Food during long travel days (receipts will be provided)
- Airfare (Kathy flies on American Airlines out of Knoxville, Tennessee)
- Kathy watches for the most reasonable airfare and will contact the guild or show when she finds a good fare to obtain permission to purchase the tickets. Kathy’s non-refundable airfare fee is reimbursed to her immediately after she purchases the tickets.
- American Airlines luggage charges (currently $30 for the 1st bag, $45 for the 2nd bag, each way)